- Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
MindFusion  
  We are soon releasing MindFusion.JavaScript pack. Initial version includes chart, diagram, calendar, map, virtual keyboard, gauge and UI components. Here are the beta version and live demo for anyone interested.  
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister   

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send Topic Print  
Introduction of new user
Read 2375 times

Lonnie Nunweiler   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love MindFusion!

Introduction of new user
Mar 17th, 2018 at 6:18am

First, I cannot say how totally impressed I am with the code.  I purchased the Winforms Suite with Source Code, and I have to say the source is NOT crippled in any way.  It is commented about as much as I comment my own code.  The function and variable names are descriptive and informative, negating the need for comments all the time.

I am able to build the Net3.5 and Net4.0 but the 4.5 so far has eluded me.  4.0 is plenty good for now.

I have replaced the free Reo spreadsheet in merely 1 day.  Unbelievable.  The program is nearly 2 MB smaller and MF Spread is way faster.  A large Excel sheet loads nearly instantly and under Reo was a 4 second wait.  Well done.  Reo is awesome code, BUT this MF Spreadsheet is way better.

Tomorrow will be Diagramming day as I plan to replace the free but rudimentary Diagram.NET code.  From what I learned with the Spread conversion it will be pretty simple.

On day 3 I hope to get my program converted to using the Docking control.  I had been using the free stuff but it was not stable and periodically it triggered a malware warning from Windows.

So, I fully expected a month to get comfortable and have most of my program converted, but now I expect that to be a week and I have a ton of ideas to change things for the better.

When you encounter code this good it puts a real grin on your face.  Thank you so much.  I realize I paid a fair whack of cash, but it is so worth it.

IP Logged    

Slavcho   Online
God Member
tech.support

Re: Introduction of new user
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 10:34am

Thanks for sharing and welcome aboard Smiley

IP Logged    

Lonnie Nunweiler   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love MindFusion!

Re: Introduction of new user
Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 6:18am

Progress has been very good, but I decided to spend a couple of days on the Spreadsheet and do some things I have been planning on doing but never got around to.

I won't need the Docking Control for this project, as my design is just a Tab Control with various apps in each tab.

I have begun the task of building a diagramming tool.  Not as quick as the Spreadsheet as it requires a lot more learning and trial and error.

I have to say, though, I am having fun again.

IP Logged    

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send Topic Print