Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Introduction of new user (Read 10509 times)
Lonnie Nunweiler
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

Introduction of new user
Mar 17th, 2018 at 5:18am
Print Post  
First, I cannot say how totally impressed I am with the code.  I purchased the Winforms Suite with Source Code, and I have to say the source is NOT crippled in any way.  It is commented about as much as I comment my own code.  The function and variable names are descriptive and informative, negating the need for comments all the time.

I am able to build the Net3.5 and Net4.0 but the 4.5 so far has eluded me.  4.0 is plenty good for now.

I have replaced the free Reo spreadsheet in merely 1 day.  Unbelievable.  The program is nearly 2 MB smaller and MF Spread is way faster.  A large Excel sheet loads nearly instantly and under Reo was a 4 second wait.  Well done.  Reo is awesome code, BUT this MF Spreadsheet is way better.

Tomorrow will be Diagramming day as I plan to replace the free but rudimentary Diagram.NET code.  From what I learned with the Spread conversion it will be pretty simple.

On day 3 I hope to get my program converted to using the Docking control.  I had been using the free stuff but it was not stable and periodically it triggered a malware warning from Windows.

So, I fully expected a month to get comfortable and have most of my program converted, but now I expect that to be a week and I have a ton of ideas to change things for the better.

When you encounter code this good it puts a real grin on your face.  Thank you so much.  I realize I paid a fair whack of cash, but it is so worth it.

IP Logged

Slavcho
God Member

tech.support

Re: Introduction of new user
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 9:34am
Print Post  
Thanks for sharing and welcome aboard Smiley

IP Logged

Lonnie Nunweiler
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

Re: Introduction of new user
Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 5:18am
Print Post  
Progress has been very good, but I decided to spend a couple of days on the Spreadsheet and do some things I have been planning on doing but never got around to.

I won't need the Docking Control for this project, as my design is just a Tab Control with various apps in each tab.

I have begun the task of building a diagramming tool.  Not as quick as the Spreadsheet as it requires a lot more learning and trial and error.

I have to say, though, I am having fun again.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint