The NetDiagram control provides diagramming features to create interactive Web applications by using Internet Information Services (IIS) with ASP.NET WebForms integration and AJAX.
Two different front-end techniques can be applied, as specified in the ClientSideMode property:
1. NetDiagram applies image maps on the client side; user interaction is vizualized through DIV objects.
- HTML5 Canvas support is not required on the client side;
- Interactive drawing is supported by means of InteractivityExtender;
- Generated images may have hyperlinks associated with regions of the images through the Hyperlink property of items;
- The client-side imagemap allows handling the following events on the server side: NodeClicked, LinkClicked, CellClicked, TreeExpanded, and TreeCollapsed; mouse-click, enter and leave events can be handled on the client side.
- Traditional postbacks are performed to process a click on a diagram item;
- All Web browsers are supported in read-only mode; interaction requires browsers supported by the Microsoft Ajax library;
2. Using HTML Canvas to implement client side rendering and interaction.
- Fully interactive;
- No additional plug-ins are required on the client side;
- Client side event model.
- Supports all HTML5-ready browsers;
Note that the front-ends are not interchangeable. Client-side code you write to work in one of the modes might require changes if later you decide to change to another mode.
Setting up ImageMap Mode
Setting up Canvas Mode